At Last Spot your privacy and the protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. This policy outlines how your personal information is obtained, stored and used within our services.
This policy is to be considered in combination to our Terms and Conditions here. Your ‘personal information’ has the same meaning as that of the Privacy Act 1993 of New Zealand which relates to any information about an identifiable individual.
- Last Spot will obtain, store and use your personal information predominantly for the purposes of fulfilling the proper functioning of the associated services we offer. The main intention is for this to streamline the process and create a greater overall user experience.
- We will not disclose any personally identifiable information we have been provided unless consent is given from that individual directly to us in writing or as is legally required from us by law.
- We will advise at or before the time of any collection what the purpose is for the collection of that personal information.
- Any collection of your personal information will be safeguarded by reasonable industry standard protections that are integrated on our system. This is to protect against theft, loss, copying or unauthorised access.
- We may collect, use or store any information provided to us that does not identify you personally as an individual for purposes such as disclosing sales price, spending habits, repeat use of the application or website etc. It is intended for this information to provide businesses and others considering the service information that will assist with expectations.
- It is your sole responsibility for the protection of your login information, personal details and any other sensitive information related to you and as such is not made publically visible to others.
- We provide two well-known and trusted payment gateways to provide the ability to purchase any items from a business. This is a third party application that is integrated via an API (Application Program Interface) with our business (feature) auctions both via the Facebook application and on the Last Spot website. We do not store any credit card or internet banking login information you provide to us and is only gathered at the time of purchase for confirming a sale by the trusted third party payment processors.
- Last Spot may use your non personally identifiable information for the purposes of marketing and/or educational use of our services to any person we choose to.
- When utilizing Facebook logins or website specific data we store a token which corresponds to the associated user. This is provided as a convenience to be able create an account and engage properly in our platform/s. Facebook or our website itself would need to be compromised for this to be an issue.
- We use industry standard encryption for data transfer; as for data storage your password details will be hashed and secured. We are not able to view a user’s password when registered. We are able to change and remove the password, but cannot undo the encryption.
Credit Card and Online Payment Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. No sensitive payment information (such as credit card numbers) is entered on our website, we simply provide an encrypted channel to the selected payment processor using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will never store credit card details. We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Spot Limited uses Braintree Payments Gateway for its online credit card transactions. Braintree Payments processes online credit card transactions for hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Braintree provides a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the Braintree or the associated Paypal gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within Braintree’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
If you choose POLi (internet banking) the transaction is done within the protection of your Internet Banking facility. Your confidential information is not disclosed to any third party, including the provider of the gateway or Last Spot. POLi has the following measures in place to ensure your personal security.
- No passwords or usernames are captured at any stage
- POLi has regular independent security companies reviewing their software
- POLi checks the SSL certificate and thumbprints of your bank to always ensure you are communicating directly with your bank
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from Braintree Payments, Paypal or POLi containing your confirmation details (if you have provided your email address). In most instances we will confirm receipt of your order within the same day of your payment, if not we will do this in the shortest possible instance.
© 2016 Last Spot Limited